Re: Konqueror List View Quirks

On Sat, 25 Mar 2023 13:26:08 -0500
Darrell Anderson via tde-devels <devels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Would somebody please confirm the following two behaviors?
>
> One
> ===
>
> * Configure Konqueror to detailed list or tree view.
> * Select a file.
> * Use the keyboard cursor keys to move up and down the list.
>
> The selection block follows the cursor keys but not the highlighting.
>
> The highlighting seems to follow the cursor keys in icon view.

I couldn't reproduce initially until I put one Konqueror window in
icon view, then went back to detailed list view.  Prior to that, the
highlight moved with the cursor.  Afterwards, it was broken for all
Konqueror windows in detailed view (not just the one whose
settings I had changed), including those on other desktops and
those I didn't open until afterwards (with detailed view as default).

However, I happened to have a separate X session open on the same
machine (:1 to the main one's :0), and its Konqueror windows were
*not* affected.

Something per-TDE-instance (not per-Konqueror-window) may not
be getting handled properly when the view setting changes.

> Two
> ===
>
> * Create two empty files: 0001 and 0002.
> * Rename 0002 to 0000.
>
> Konqueror does not automatically refresh the list to resort the files. A
> manual refresh is required.

Confirmed (although it's no worse than the sorting quirks in many
versions of Windows).

My system:  Gentoo, TDE 14.0.13.

E. Liddell