Re: Ark and tar.lz

On 3/13/23 11:55 PM, David C. Rankin via tde-devels wrote:
  If you mean lzip version 1, instead of lzma, then No, even with the xz patch, the old simplified form of the 'Lempel-Ziv-Markov chain-Algorithm' (lzma) is not supported in konqueror or ark.

  From tar's standpoint, that's the difference between --lzip (not supported) and --lzma (supported)

I found the tdelibs/tdeutils patches Michele referenced.

Understand that I am trying to migrate away from GTK DEs because of GTK3 tomfoolery. I could have remained content with Xfce but the developers accepted the invitation into the spider's parlor and Xfce now suffers the same GTK3 nonsense.

For me that means I have been using software that has kept pace with much of the free/libre world. Double-clicking on a tar.lz file in TDE resulted in -- nothing. This is what has been frustrating for me -- things that work in the non TDE world do not work well in TDE.

I have been spending an extraordinary amount of time inventing various work-arounds for things that should "just work." The latest FUBAR, as reported in another thread, is audio issues on one specific system.

I am frustrated. I am sure that is reflected in the tone of my replies and emails. I probably should just check out for a while.

DA