Re: KDE sub menus

On 2/21/23 12:43 AM, deloptes via tde-devels wrote:
May be this is better and may be it can be done so that TDE reads KDE files
and puts the entries together in some meaningful way - prefixing them or so

In my case here I do not have much of KDE installed. I
have /usr/bin/qdbusviewer which is part of qtchooser, but does not have any
desktop file and I also have some other Qt5 stuff, but I do not have any
KDE submenu, so it is interesting to know what exactly is creating the KDE
submenu - is it TDE parsing desktop file?

I am not a coder, but yes. The Categories key in the desktop files is used to determines which top level menu to place the menu item, but if "KDE;" also exists in the Categories key then the item is placed in a respective special "KDE" submenu in that top level menu.

Since no other desktop environment (DE) is treated this way in the TDE menu there must be special code for the "KDE;" Categories element.

A "Merge KDE Menus" check box (TCC Menus) or at least an underlying config option could instruct the underlying code to ignore the "KDE;" element in the Categories key, which then would treat the placement in the menus just like other DEs. With that option no third top level admin menu would be needed. Perhaps the check box could be ghosted out if there are no "KDE;" elements found in any Categories keys.