Re: tdelibs - configure

On Friday 29 of April 2022 09:59:08 Christoph Klassen wrote:
> Hello Michele,
>
> On 4/28/22 15:57, Michele Calgaro via tde-devels wrote:
> >> some packages of TDE I could install successfully and now the next
> >> one would be tdelibs. But there is no configure-file. Am I supposed
> >> to use autoconf to create one and which configure.* file should I use
> >> for autoconf?
> >> I know that you're switching to CMake but I would like to do it with
> >> make this time.
> >
> > Hi Chris,
> > tdelibs is built with cmake these days. Have you checked out the
> > packaging files for debian by the way? They contains all you need to
> > build packages in debian, they will simplify your task a lot.
> > Cheers
> >    Michele
>
> Would it still be possible to build the package with make? I'm asking
> because our fork is using make and there are also more files like
> Makefile.am
> First I would like to do it make and when I have success maybe we can
> switch to CMake.
>
> I didn't use the scripts that you linked before because I would like to
> do it manually first because I want to learn something about the build
> process.
>
> I also asked about if it would be possible to add our functionalities to
> kontact-trinity but those functionalities depend on our infrastructure
> so it would make no sense to add them. I can't say more because I didn't
> develop those things and I'm just starting with kontact.
>

> Kind regards,
> Christoph

Automake in core modules is not unused for a long time and it may not work
well. Automake files are left there basically only because of their need
during generate Apidox.

It is definitely a good idea to use CMake instead of automake. It is up to
your choice whether you want to use CMake along with classic make or with
ninja-build.

You do not have to use the comprehensive build scripts that Michele
mentioned, but you can simply use the deb packaging files that are in
tde-packaging GIT repository. Alternatively, you can download the source
deb package and build yourself.

Cheers
--
Slávek