Re: taskbar issue, latest packages

said Michele Calgaro via tde-devels:

| On 2022/04/25 09:14 PM, Mavridis Philippe wrote:
| > Maybe this is not convenient to do this. If it happens to me (quite
| > rarely) I just hit Alt+F2 (or right click on desktop -> Run command),
| > type in 'kicker' and press Enter.
|
| +1, same here.
| Kicker rarely dies (unless I am doing some testing with changed code)
| and when it dies, I do exactly the same thing.

It doesn't often die here, either, but it does occasionally and has across
multiple versions and multiple distributions, each time in the same
fashion: it just disappears.

The suggested method to restart it was the first thing I tried, and it
failed to work. Alt-F2 > KControl > Panel change something, change it
back, hit Apply is the only thing that has consistently worked. I have no
idea why this is. If it were a more regular problem I'd dig into it more,
but it happens once a month at most.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album