Re: Compiler version to build kontact

On 4/25/22 10:23, deloptes wrote:

> I can share my experience when I started contributing to the project. I must
> admit it was also very dark where I was standing.
>
> 1. Lets start with the target distribution. I use debian (stable).
>     Your approach should be also based on the target distro.
> 2. Ressources: https://www.trinitydesktop.org/development.php
>     You can also check the WIKI
>      https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/How_to_Build_TDE_Core_Modules
>      https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Category:Developers
>
> 3. Clone the repository and setup the build environment
> a. https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Project_GIT_Information#Using_GIT
>          b. depends on the distribution. I use kind of frankenstein
> I used some ideas from the "buildscripts", but did not want to use all
>             I wrote my own set of Makefiles
> 4. After building the packages, you need to manage them. I used a howto
> called "SimpleDebianRepository". This way I can build and install on all
> the PCs and VMs I control in the local network or via VPN.

Thanks, but I visited these links already :)

On 4/25/22 10:26, Slávek Banko wrote:

for TDE releases <= r14.0.11 there apply, that for CMake builds is used the
default C++ standard of distribution compiler, while for Automake builds
was enforced "-ansi", which actually enforces C++98. This enforcement of
the old standard for Automake builds was canceled.

Thanks for the explanation! That makes things clearer.

For the upcoming
R14.0.12 we set as a minimum required standard C++11.

When is that release planned?

Kind regards,
Christoph