Re: Compiler version to build kontact

On 4/24/22 08:27, Slávek Banko wrote:
Hi Christoph,

as Michele mentioned, we use the default distribution compiler. For
supported versions of Debian distribution, it includes GCC from version
6.3 to version 11.x. To build on FreeBSD, Clang is used there.

Thanks to both of you, Michele and Slávek!

And which C(++)-standard is used? As far as I know you can set the standard with CPPFLAGS/CXXFLAGS when you add a parameter. In the file acinclude.m4.in I found the line "CXXFLAGS="-ansi [...]" and I read that sometimes the standard C89 is also called ANSI C, but I couldn't find out what the parameter -ansi stands for in the CXXFLAGS.

Can you help me to bring light into the darkness? I would also be grateful, if you had articles or the like, so I could read about it.

Kind regards,
Christoph