Re: Mascot Contest submission -- Tristian

Hunter Ellett via tde-devels wrote:

> I've thought of an update as "Tonqi" before, but the name doesn't really
> make sense. Konqi presumably comes from Konqueror, so we'd need...
> Tonqueror? Then it starts to lose its meaning.

It is matter of POV. If you look at English or other languages how they
developed through the ages. Most of the words do not have anything to do
with the originals. Take as an example "og" and "eye".

> I'd like to make a character using Blender, since I'm a big fan of the 3D
> SGI promotional art in a lot of the menus of TDE. :) I think this kind of
> art you don't see these days separates us from a lot of projects.

I am fan of pragmatics and economy, so whatever is the shortest way to reach
the goal. In fact vector graphics is pretty good and also I have a 2D
screen. So IMO 3D is overkill, but if you feel like spending time with it,
it is not my business.

BR

--
FCD6 3719 0FFB F1BF 38EA  4727 5348 5F1F DCFE BCB0