Re: Mascot Contest submission -- Tristian

So, let me elaborate a bit on why I chose to propose a polar bear as a fitting mascot:

=== Five Reasons For Tristian ===

1. A white (polar) bear fits nicely with the predominantly
cold blue colours of Trinity (which we mostly inherited from
KDE 3.x);

2. A friendly-looking mascot with a simplistic/comic style
(not abnormal flatness or geometrical abstraction which
dominate contemporary Plasma et al.) looks welcome and
thus effective for newcomers;

3. A bear is quite anthropomorhic and thus we can come up
with more interesting designs with the bear doing something
like a human would;

4. A polar bear can be both qt and strong (pun intended ;-);

5. Tristian's name reminds one of the project's name
(Trinity Desktop).

Also, I can't think of another project using this animal as
their mascot, so, as an extra, no legal issues.

--
Philippe