Proposal for Community Mascot Contest (was: Making new artwork with 3D Konqi)

I propose on a community mascot contest, for the following reasons:

a) A community contest is common practice for such a decision;

b) It will give time for the interested community members to present their own view of a mascot they consider appropriate;

c) Deciding on a mascot will be easier once we get to see real submissions with original ideas;

d) This contest can potentially attract attention to the Trinity project;

e) We can decide on the best entry by voting through the mailing list;

f) It can potentially make the community feel closer to the project;

g) It can be well structured and organised.

We would set some rules for the contest (original work, allowed licences, etc.). Submissions would be showcased on a special Wiki page and voting would be organised on a mailing list. Eveybody would be allowed to submit up to 3 proposals, each one with one image just showing the mascot and up to 3 others like little demos of the mascot in different interpretations/contexts.

A fixed deadline would be set for the submissions, and another one for voting. Votes would be recorded on the contest wiki page. The submission with most votes would become the mascot. In the unlikely case of there being more than one winners, the decision could be left to the team. A discussion could then take on about the winner submission, what ought to be improved and such details.

So, what do you think of this? Constructive criticism is welcome ;-)

(BTW we could also have a wallpaper contest)

--
Philippe

P.S. Even though my drawing skills are average, I'd be happy to propose a mascot on the contest.