Re: Trinity on a UHD Monitor (3840x2160 pixels)

On 07.10.21 03:57, Michele Calgaro via tde-devels wrote:
>> On Tuesday 28 September 2021 04:17:07 pm MLR wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I bought a 27" UHD monitor, before that I had a 27" 1080 monitor.
>>> Everything is too small on the monitor. I can change the fonts, icons
>>> and other individual things, but not the whole desktop.
>>>
>>> I tried this in Plasma, I can easily scale the whole desktop (with
>>> Firefox and other none plasma stuff). This is wonderful, so now I have
>>> to use Plasma. :/
>>>
>>> Can't I find the setting in Trinity or does the option not exist?
>>>

> Support for variable DPI settings in user session (range 64-512) has
> been added to TDE and will be part of the upcoming R14.0.11 release.
> This should help using TDE with high resolution screens.
> Go to TCC -> Appearance & Themes -> Fonts page and there is now a
> spinbox control to set the font DPI in the mentioned range.
> See screenshot here showing KCalc at 3 different DPI settings.
> https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/attachments/6413bbc0-dee7-453e-ae07-1ccc892e5a75
>

> Updated packages in PSB/PTB will available soon. For the other
> distros, you will need to wait for the R14.0.11 release I guess.
>
> Cheers
>   Michele

Hello,

wow thank you very much! It works very well. I still adjusted the icons.
I also tried the last week scaling with xrandr. This is not good, much
too blurry.

I have tried Q4OS in a VM for the last few days. There is a scaling
program for TDE. There are the icons, font and so with one setting
changed. But I don't want to use Q4os, because TDE has been changed a
bit. I do not like it. The scaling tool has the advantage that I can
simply change it all when I pull the monitor from the laptop and again
have a smaller resolution. It is very comfortable.

Best regards