Re: Unmet build dependencies: ninja-build

Thank you for explanations - the problem is it tires to build everything
until the end and it does not stop after failure.
I guess it is not a big problem - but need to get familiar or be able to
switch it off when needed.

BR

Ninja has an argument '-k' where it should be '1' as the default value.
This means that when an error occurs, there should be waiting only to
complete the already running parallel jobs. This is the same as with
classic make:

-k N     keep going until N jobs fail [default=1]

Cheers

You can also build selective targets when doing manual builds for debugging instead of doing a full build. That is much quicker.
ninja -t targets gives you all the available targets and then you can select the one you want to run.

It will take a bit of reading to get used to ninja, but overall I find it more flexible/powerful than make. And it is definitely quicker :-)

Finally, if you need coloring for the output, you can read here.
https://medium.com/@alasher/colored-c-compiler-output-with-ninja-clang-gcc-10bfe7f2b949
We already have FORCE_COLORED_OUTPUT in cmake module, but it is not enabled by default.

Cheers
  Michele