Re: Unmet build dependencies: ninja-build

Dne ne 23. května 2021 09:43:07 Michele Calgaro via tde-devels napsal(a):
> On 2021/05/20 11:32 AM, deloptes wrote:
> > Slávek Banko via tde-devels wrote:
> >> Don't forget that I have to build many packages for many
> >> distributions and architectures on my builders. Therefore, every
> >> acceleration is useful. The ninja-build package is already part of
> >> Debian from Jessie. Therefore, we did not expect any complications to
> >> prevent change. In any case, classic make support is not canceled. If
> >> you remove ninja-build from Build-Depends in "control" file, the
> >> classic make will be used automatically.
> >
> > Slavek,
> > how removing the dependency on ninja-build from Build-Depends will for
> > cmake to use the classical make?
> >
> > With ninja-build it is harder to debug .. how can I debug the build
> > process and use classical make, but keep ninja-build install?
> >
> > thank you
>
> Hi Emanoil,
> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/cmake-generators.7.html
>
> you can probably force the use of a specific generator when you want to
> build it manually for debugging. I have not tested it though, so maybe I
> am wrong.
>
> Also have a look at _cdbs_class_cmake in debian-tde.mk in packaging
> files, based on its value either make or ninja is used (Slavek correct
> me if I am wrong here).
>
> Cheers
>   Michele

Yes, Michele mentions it correctly. In our common CDBS rules debian-tde.mk
you can see that in the case of the existence of ninja binary, MAKE and
Ninja generator in DEB_CMAKE_NORMAL_ARGS is set. These values need to be
set together.

When we prepared it, we did not think about a variable, using which it
would be possible to disable the use of Ninja, even if it is present. As
the easiest way is before building to edit the line in debian-tde-mk:

ifneq "$(wildcard /usr/bin/ninja)" ""

When you change the name of the binary, for example to "/usr/bin/ninja-",
the binary will not be found and Ninja will not be used.

BTW, what do you observe the problem using Ninja build in connection with
the debuging?

Cheers
--
Slávek