Re: [mageia] upgrade from 14.previous to 14.current fails to install trinity-tdelibs

On Friday 05 of March 2021 22:38:49 François Andriot via tde-devels wrote:
> Hello Felix,
>
> currently, it looks like Mageia 8 urpmi does not like the Trinity
> mirroring system, but I don't know why.
>
> You can workaround by adding the '--wget' argument to each urpmi
> command, e.g.
>
> urpmi.addmedia --wget trinity
> http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/mga8/trinity-r14/RPMS/x
>86_64 urpmi.addmedia --wget trinity-noarch
> http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/mga8/trinity-r14/RPMS/n
>oarch urpmi --wget trinity-desktop
>
> Regards
> François

urpmi appears to prefers curl if present. The problem is that curl does not
follow the redirection by default. And redirection is exactly what is the
purpose of redirector in our mirror system. This deficiency in the use of
curl has two solutions:

1. As François said, prefer wget before curl. It seems that it has benefits
not only that redirections are followed by default, but also can better
solve the repetition of transmission in the event of some failures.

2. In the "urpmi.cfg" file, add / set the "curl-options" option to
include "-L". This should ensure that curl will be called with option to
follow the redirection and will work properly with redirector.

Cheers
--
Slávek