Re: try harder update?

I don't have the bandwidth at home to emulate Felix so ...

I ran tests of "apt clean; apt update; apt --download-only
install --install-recommends tde-trinity; apt clean" twice
each on three different VPSs, each in a different data center
in a different US state.  Prior to testing the VPSs had no
X Windows and no TDE other than the keyring.  Debian Buster.
Speeds for the TDE portion of the downloads appeared to be
roughly 10-35MBps (not bps).

With TDE r14.0.x I encountered no download errors.

I ran the six tests again, this time against TDE PSB.  Again
no download errors on TDE but I did get one download failure
one time from Debian:

http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/poppler-data/poppler-data_0.4.9-2_all.deb
> Undetermined Error [IP: 208.80.154.15 80]
> E: Some files failed to download

I conclude this is a network or apt problem rather than a
TDE problem.  It occurs more frequently for Felix so it
might be a local router problem such as NAT table exhaustion.

I looked at:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?dist=stable;package=apt
and there are HUNDREDS of open bugs.  I couldn't find one
that matched this but I don't see any point in trying to
report an intermittent issue that might be a communication
problem rather than an apt bug.

I don't think there's anything more that TDE can do.  The
workaround is to hit up-arrow then enter if download fails.

--Mike