Re: Desktop files translations

On Tuesday 17 of March 2020 21:50:13 E. Liddell wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 10:03:41 +0100
>
> Slávek Banko <slavek.banko@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > How about this?
> > >
> > > translations/desktop_files/pot/<all pot files of the module>
> > > translations/desktop_files/<lang>/<all po files of the module for
> > > the language> translations/messages/pot/<all pot files of the
> > > module> translations/messages/<lang>/<all po files of the module for
> > > the language>
> >
> > I have no objections to any of the options to use short 'po' and or
> > long 'translations'. The only important thing is that we find the
> > consensus and then unify it in all modules. Similarly to 'desktops'
> > × 'desktop_files'.
>
> Not going to chime in on the rest, since it has little to do with me,
> but I also vote for "translations".  The problem with using "po" is that
> it doesn't make it clear what the files are unless you already know how
> the translation system works.  Also, the meaning of "po" might become
> opaque if details like the file extension used by the system change, so
> "translations" is more future-proof.

Very good reasoning, thank you!
It seems that we have drawn a consensus here.

> E. Liddell

Cheers
--
Slávek

[Index of Archives]     [Trinity Users]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [KDE]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]     [Trinity Desktop Environment]