Re: Re: Re: Way to understand konqueror and different protocols

Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

> IMO "system:/" has some problems, while "sftp:/" other protocols work. I
> get 2 device icons when I plug in a usb device that has a msdos partition
> type with a primary partition on it, e.g. "/dev/sdb" and "/dev/sdb1". I
> get one device icon when there's no partitiontable on the usb device, e.g.
> "/dev/sdb". On FreeBSD I almost got things sorted out for system:/ in the
> sense that I was able to call out to shell code for mount/unmount, but
> that led to more error popups than without. Anyway, as I use FVWM on BSD,
> that changes have fallen into oblivion.

Very interesting - it seems I have forgotten that it was in tdebase and now
I recall I was looking at it last year, but could not understand completely
how the things work together.

Does someone know/can point me to some useful documentation?

Someone asked the same question in 2004 :D

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/programming-9/kioslave-kde-protocol-programming-156464/

regards