Way to understand konqueror and different protocols

Hi,
where can I look for examples on how konqueror handles specific and also
customly defined protocols.
Also how can I trigger konqueror with specific protocol - for example list
directory and in this directory trigger a link to sftp connection?
Also how specific device can appear on the side bar?

Especially I am interested how the connection to the remote device is
managed and for example how it is terminated.

Thank you in advance

regards