Re: How to clone with submodules from TDE git mirror?

Dne po 22. července 2019 Mike Bird napsal(a):
> On Mon July 22 2019 09:18:47 Slávek Banko wrote:
> > I can confirm that it works. If the git repository already exists in
> > the destination folder, then call "git submodule init" uses this
> > repository and will simple write the information to the ".git/config"
> > file in the master repository. As a result, the only difference is
> > that "scripts/.git" will not just be a file, but a regular git folder
> > - the same as it would be in ".git/modules/scripts" if the initial
> > cloning would be done using git submodule init + git submodule update.
> > And this is no problem at all, everything works fine. After all, in
> > this way the submodules were placed in older versions of the git.
>
> If anyone wants convert the scripts submodule afterwards to match the
> others they can "git submodule absorbgitdirs".
>
> --Mike

Nice - I didn't know this command. As I see in the documentation, this
command is new from GIT 2.12 (my GIT is 2.11). At the same time I see
information that git directories was part of submodules before git 2.7.8.

There seems to be no objection to modifying the instructions in Readme.md
for cloning scripts into tde/scripts, as I mentioned in an earlier mail.

Cheers
--
Slávek

[Index of Archives]     [Trinity Users]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [KDE]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]     [Trinity Desktop Environment]