Re: How to clone with submodules from TDE git mirror?

Dne po 22. července 2019 Mike Bird napsal(a):
> On Mon July 22 2019 05:37:18 Slávek Banko wrote:
> > ...because scripts can be cloned directly to the desired location in
> > the main 'tde' module, so we can remove git submodule init and update
> > from the original instructions.
> >
> > I think that this way we can edit it in Readme.md.
> > What is your opinion?
>
> The reason I didn't try that is because I don't know whether git can
> convert a .git directory in scripts to a .git regular file when
> scripts becomes a submodule.
>
> I've got a test running but it will take a few hours.
>
> --Mike

I can confirm that it works. If the git repository already exists in the
destination folder, then call "git submodule init" uses this repository
and will simple write the information to the ".git/config" file in the
master repository. As a result, the only difference is that "scripts/.git"
will not just be a file, but a regular git folder - the same as it would
be in ".git/modules/scripts" if the initial cloning would be done using
git submodule init + git submodule update. And this is no problem at all,
everything works fine. After all, in this way the submodules were placed
in older versions of the git.

Cheers
--
Slávek

[Index of Archives]     [Trinity Users]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [KDE]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]     [Trinity Desktop Environment]