Re: two unique tdecmshell xserver instances at once possible?

deloptes composed on 2016-12-02 09:23 (UTC+0100):

Felix Miata wrote:

For my eyes, most icons are sized too small to describe their purpose
(those in Gimp and LibreOffice are among the worst offenders), so that I
either see them as flags, a target to hit with mouse pointer after seeing
a tooltip that describes their purpose, or as a complete waste of space. I
prefer meanings conveyed by words, but well recognize sometimes words
simply cannot express that which is obvious in a picture.

In the control panel there is option to select the icon size for the theme.
I prefer 48px - look there.

No way I'm going to bother with anything like that every time I switch displays. One of the reasons people use computers is to have things done automatically that otherwise would be difficult, awkward or even impossible. UIs, DEs and WP apps do the right thing with text by resizing automatically according to logical display density, as when a primary or only display is switched or otherwise replaced. Default themes should behave similarly, keeping icons appropriately proportionate to the accompanying text and surroundings rather than having arbitrarily selected bitmaps that take no account of display density or space actually available for them to fit into.

Most of this thread really has nothing to do with $SUBJECT, the goal of which is to be able to demonstrate impact of a difficult to verbalize configuration change to someone in a different room, building or continent. Since no one has made his interest in this thread known, I must assume at least for the time being it is a difficult or impossible to solve problem, but the question remains whether there is any point in registering a wishlist bug to someday have it solved.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/