Re: deadlocks when the target server runs as initiator to itself

On 2/6/23 9:18 AM, Maurizio Lombardi wrote:
> po 30. 1. 2023 v 1:09 odesílatel Mike Christie
> <michael.christie@xxxxxxxxxx> napsal:
>>
>> I don't think that's the best option because it's a rare use case and it
>> will affect other users. Why can't the user just use tcm loop for the local
>> use case?
>>

> Hi Mike,
> our customer is still interested in getting iscsi in loopback work and I have
> also been informed that  this use case isn't rare among our users.

Why do people use it like this in production? Is it for some sort of clustering
or container use?

I was actually going to ping you and tell you loop could have issues because the
backend could still allocate mem with GFP_KERNEL, so that was just moving the
problem around.

> One of my colleagues suggested using the IFF_LOOPBACK flag to restrict
> the memalloc_noio_*()
> usage to only those connections that are in loopback, so other use
> cases would be left unaffected.

If it's ok to for us to access those flags like that, then it seems ok to me
if you have legitimate uses.