Re: tcm_loop and aborted TMRs

On 12/1/22 8:15 AM, Bodo Stroesser wrote:
> Are we sure qla, loop and xen are the only drivers that handle aborted
> TMRs incorrectly?

I'm not sure now. When we looked at this before I was only checking
for crashes, but didn't check if there could be issues like where
the driver needed to do some cleanup in their aborted_task callout
but hasn't been doing it.

For example ibmvscsi's aborted_task callout won't crash because the
fields it references are ok for a IO or tmr se_cmds. It doesn't do
vio_iu(iue)->srp.tsk_mgmt or vio_iu(iue)->srp.cmd in the aborted_task
callout and just accesses the se_cmd and ibmvscsis_cmd. So we are ok
there. However, I didn't look at the driver to see if maybe it did need
to do some cleanup in the aborted_task callout and we just haven't
been doing it.

Same for the other drivers. I only checked if aborted_task would crash.
Also we have a new driver efct, so we need to review that as well.