Re: tcm_loop and aborted TMRs

On 11/11/22 10:20 AM, Maurizio Lombardi wrote:
> Hello Bodo, Mike,
>
> Some of our customers reported that the tcm_loop module is unable
> to handle aborted TMRs, resulting in kernel hangs.
>
> I noticed that Bodo submitted a patch some time ago (our customers
> confirm it works),
> Mike instead proposed to revert
> commit db5b21a24e01d354  "scsi: target/core: Use system workqueues for TMF".
>
> The discussion unfortunately died out without reaching a conclusion.
>
> Personally, I think that if the handling of aborted TMRs was working
> before the "Use system workqueues" commit then this should be
> considered as a regression and the commit should be reverted.

I'm fine with reverting it because multiple drivers are affected. I had
talked to Bart offlist back then and he was also ok since we couldn't
fix up the drivers.

I think Bodo and I tried to convert qla, but it was difficult without
marvell's help (we both pinged them but didn't hear back) because from
what I could tell we needed to send some hw/fw commands to perform cleanup
to fully handle that case.