Setting iSCSI SCSI ID with LIO?

Hello,

As many before me I need to set the SCSI ID for iSCSI interfaces under LIO.
I can do this with tgt and other legacy iSCSI targets but it seems LIO
doesn't have the ability to manage this?

Setting the SCSI ID is important for iSCSI failover and iSCSI clustering to
ensure that initatiors can continue to connect to the target across
different and new hosts.

Some initators will just use the iSCSI WWN / serial but many also need the
SCSI ID to remain consistant such as Xen or in our case XenServer (Citrix's
open source Xen product).

There is a complecated way of maintaining SCSI ID consistancy with LIO which
involved enabling and managed PR with APTPL but we've found that to be
complex and fraught with problems when all that is require is to be able to
set the SCSI ID when the target is created just the same as you do the WWN
etc...

If a SCSI ID changes for Xen, you have to take all servers offline, detach
your storage and forget it, then discover, reattach then go adding all the
orphaned disks on the storage back to their VMs which is *very* painful,
see: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX118641

Related posts:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/target-devel/msg02121.html
http://www.spinics.net/lists/target-devel/msg10990.html