Re: VVols and VASA 2.0 (was Re: Is any work still being performed on LIO?)

I'm by no means a developer, but as I understood it, VMware has
submitted the vVol specification to T10.  Also, apparently they're
working to make this a standard and supporting the open source
community, but that will probably have to wait until after 6.0 goes
GA.  I do NOT think interested parties will need to become TAP
members, but I may be wrong.

I am actually a VMware employee, I just started a couple of months ago
as a Sr. Consultant.  If there is anything I can do to assist you
(within the limitations of NDAs of course), let me know and I'll see
what I can do (no promises!).

Thanks,
Dan