Re: What does cache_dynamic_acls parameter do?

On 10/13/2014 08:37 PM, Rufe Glick wrote:
Hello all,

I'm just starting to learn the targetcli. Examples on internet that
set up 'TPG demo mode' along with authentication=0,
generate_noide_acls=1 and demo_mode_write_protect=0 parameters use
cache_dynamic_acls=1. I figured what the first three parameters do,
but I can't find information on the fourth - cache_dynamic_acls. Can
someone please explain me what does that parameter do. Also what are
dynamic acls?

I think dynamic acls are those that are created when generate_node_acls is true -- they're not created through configfs but they exist because the code requires an ACL to exist for every initiator.

I did a quick grep of the code and it didn't seem to me like cache_dynamic_acls actually affects Lio's behavior, but maybe I missed something.

Another question -- is there any better documentation available for
targetcli? I found the man page for targetcli version 2.1.fb34-1 that
comes with CentOS 7 pretty scanty. The man page from github repository
(https://github.com/agrover/targetcli-fb/blob/master/targetcli.8) is a
bit better, but still doesn't thoroughly describe all available
configuration parameters.

Do you have some specific parameters that you think we should document better? Docs certainly could be made comprehensive, but it would help to know where to focus first.

Regards -- Andy