Re: qla2xxx Call Trace

On Fri, 2014-08-01 at 07:56 -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
> <nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Roland + Joern, I'm specifically talking about the following patches:
> >
> > https://github.com/rolandd/qla-target/commit/77bd729e5e9f858495dfded7c08e548bc9ecc9be
> > https://github.com/rolandd/qla-target/commit/79ae07a141950c0008480a46f91d72318a1d799e
> >
> > Can you please confirm if these are related to what deeepdish has
> > reported here..?
>
> Our latest tree doesn't use the btree -> radix tree conversion -- we
> decided there is nothing wrong with the btree code itself.  So from
> that POV upstream is fine.
>
> However the first (77bd...) commit may be related.  Certainly the
> comment is true: the qla2xxx target stuff is racy, especially around
> fabric changes (initiators/sessions coming and going).  It looks like
> the original trace has to do with session update, so yeah, it probably
> is hitting one of those races.

Just a heads up that commit 77bd729e5 from above has been included into
target-pending/for-next:

qla_target: don't delete changed nacls
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=f4c24db1b7ad0ce84409e15744d26c6f86a96840

Deeepdish, it would be really helpful if you can verify the following
patch on your tcm_qla2xxx setup, and see if you can reproduce the loss
of FC connectivity with a Windows 2012 R2 initiator.

Note that Joern's patch still has a WARN_ON() in place when the scenario
occurs (eg: you'll still see a stack backtrace in dmesg when the issue
occurs), but now tcm_qla2xxx should be able to successfully recover.

Please let us know if/when your able to verify.

--nab