RE: Emulex target mode support

Hi Sebastian,

On Sunday, August 10, 2014 3:57 PM, Sebastian Herbszt wrote:
> Alex Leung wrote:
> > Hi Sebastian,
> >
> > On Wednesday, August 06, 2014 3:18 PM, Sebastian Herbszt wrote:

> > > AFAIK the OCS SDK drivers are proprietary and only support SLI-4.
> > > Unfortunately I got 8 GBit SLI-3 HBAs. Is it possible to upgrade those
> > > from SLI-3 to SLI-4?
> > > Does the new version change anything regarding licensing or SLI support?
> > >

> > You're correct on both. However, this will change to an MIT like
> > license in our next release (though still not GPL). Does that change
> > anything for you?
>
> do you know whether this MIT like license will be GPL compatible?

TBD. It's an outstanding question that we are discussing at this point.
GPL compatible is a must then for you?

> > And I'm afraid you cannot upgrade an SLI-3 HBA
> > to SLI-4. 8G SLI-4 HBAs are available, however.
>
> Are there any options for target mode with SLI-3 HBAs beside lpfc_scst?

Not at this point.  If there were a compelling opportunity to support
SLI-3 with our OneCore Storage SDK drivers, we might consider that.
At this point, our SLI-4 opportunities are keeping us more than busy.

Thanks,
Alex