Re: Can VPD Unit Serial Number be persistent?

On 07/29/2014 03:09 PM, Lee Duncan wrote:
Yup. BTW this is a user tools (rtslib and/or targetcli) issue, not
kernel code. ...

Is there a different mailing list for that?

Datera targetcli/rtslib use this list, targetcli-fb and rtslib-fb use targetcli-fb-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

...The issue is not present in targetcli-fb.

Please explain, if you would. In SLES we have a slightly older version
of targetcli and targetcli-fb, but I could not find any documentation on
targetcli-fb.

You do? SLES includes both versions?

What version of targetcli-fb and friends are you using? Saving and restoring WWNs has been supported for a very long time.

Targetcli-fb docs are mostly the targetcli.8 manpage, or, what docs exactly were you looking for? For reference:

https://fedorahosted.org/targetcli-fb/

I just want the ability to save the current target configuration
including the WWN so that I can restore it after restart or reboot. I am
more than willing to write some custom python or work on patching the
python libraries we are using. But, honestly, it seems like
functionality that should already be in rtslib/targetcli[-fb], at least
as an option.

Absolutely, this should be working.

Regards -- Andy