Re: NOP-Out reply to Unsolicited NOP-IN with invalid TTT.

Hi Arshad,

On Wed, 2014-05-21 at 14:23 +0530, Arshad Hussain wrote:
> Hi Nab,
>
> This is with reference to RFC 3720 section 10.18. Which stats that the
> unsolicited NOP-in from target as ping should contain valid TTT and this
> should be carried on to NOP-Out. However, I do not see this is
> happening.

Looking at packet #10 in the capture:

iSCSI (NOP In)
    Opcode: NOP In (0x20)
    TotalAHSLength: 0x00
    DataSegmentLength: 0x00000000
    LUN: 0000000000000000
    InitiatorTaskTag: 0xffffffff
    TargetTransferTag: 0x00000041
    StatSN: 0x0dc061cc
    ExpCmdSN: 0x00000042
    MaxCmdSN: 0x00000081

The outgoing NopIN PDU from the target does contain a valid TTT +
reserved ITT, as expected for a NOPIN that wants to solicit a NOPOUT
ping from the initiator.

>  The NOP-out is holding the TTT of 0xFFFFFFFF instead of a
> valid TTT. This looks like RFC break in LIO? Please comment.
>
> 10.18.  NOP-Out
>
>    <SNIP>
>
>    Upon receipt of a NOP-In with the Target Transfer Tag set to a valid
>    value (not the reserved 0xffffffff), the initiator MUST respond with
>    a NOP-Out.  In this case, the NOP-Out Target Transfer Tag MUST
>    contain a copy of the NOP-In Target Transfer Tag.
>
> I have attached pcap. The concerning frames are 10 and 11.
>

>From there, the NOPOUT ping on the initiator side is incorrect:

iSCSI (NOP Out)
    Opcode: NOP Out (0x00)
    .0.. .... = I: Queued delivery
    TotalAHSLength: 0x00
    DataSegmentLength: 0x00000000
    LUN: 0000000000000000
    InitiatorTaskTag: 0x00000014
    TargetTransferTag: 0xffffffff
    CmdSN: 0x00000000
    ExpStatSN: 0x00000000

where the TTT is not echoed from the received NOPIN's TTT, and also
contains a non reserved ITT value.

--nab