RE: 3.12.5 Target Errors

Looks like the issue was HardwareAcceleration in esx...Essentially we would get the timeouts when trying to create a VM Thick Provisioned Eager Zero which translated into esx sending a WRITE_SAME command.  Jared was doing a wireshark capture when he noticed that.  This reminded me that we had to disable the HardwareAcceleration in esx when we were doing VMMark last year.  By default, these values are enabled and LIO seems to advertise that it supports hardware acceleration based on the datastore characteristics in ESX.

VMFS3.HardwareAcceleratedLocking
DataMover.HardwareAcceleratedMove
DataMover.HardwareAcceleratedInit

As soon as we disabled them, no more time out issues...  I believe WRITE_SAME/XCOPY and ATS only made it into LIO in 3.14?  The question I have is where does this information belong and how can one debug these issues...

P.S.:I am attaching the wireshark capture.

Moussa