Re: [ANN] LIO userspace improvements

On 02/28/2014 01:40 PM, Jerome Martin wrote:

> Yes! :-)
>
> Actually this is done on load, and before commit: checked against
> installed policy (defaults, references to other objects in the config,
> required attributes, syntax). More is to be implemented, as the
> verify() (should call it validate, rally) command is lacking currently
> and does not do a few things yet: check a portal IP exists on the
> server's interfaces, files and devices path are valid, etc.

Well. Have them distinguished. :-)

Validate() => To check the syntactical correctness of the data. (Is the
IP Address in the correct syntactical format)

Verify() => To check the authenticity of the data. (Is the IP Address
existent on the server)

> BTW Ritesh, as a package maintainer, what do you thinks would be the
> best in the eventuallity we want to include rtslib + the lio cli only:
> rename the rtslib package into say 'lio', including all API + the cli,
> or split it in two packages (but the cli one would be tiny) ?

Today, for the packages available in Debian, apart from targetcli,
OpenStack (python-cinder) is the other suite that has a dependency on
rtslib. Your library has been out for some time now, so I'm not sure who
else have consumed it.

As a package maintainer, it wouldn't cost me much as I can still derive
both the packages from the same source archive (irrespective of the
rename), provided the library interfaces remain the same.

I'd suggest you merge them to one, name it as rtslib, and ship the tiny
lio CLI along with it.

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf | http://people.debian.org/~rrs
Debian - The Universal Operating System