Re: Hyper-V cluster shared volumes

Hello Nab,

> FYI, ODX uses Token based XCOPY (XCOPY LID4), which is an entirely
> different animal than traditional synchronous XCOPY (XCOPY LID1) that
> ESX and LIO currently supports.

I get a rogue idea. I tried to use it with your tip, which does not work
and I tried it with SAN/IQ 11 from HP which does also not work. I
currently have a 3par 7200 on my hand and I'll try it with this one and
report back. The customer who tried it in production told me that his
I/Os start freezing.

> Token based XCOPY requires that a point in time snapshot be taken
> during token allocation, and each local XCOPY READ is done from the
> snapshot using said taken.  To my knowledge, ODX only supports this
> mechanism for copy offload, and does not implement XCOPY LID1 logic.

I see.

Cheers,
        Thomas