FCOE lab equipment

Hello Nab,
I would like to build a FCOE lab environment. If possible, one target,
two initiators with the possibility to use them under Linux and ESX with
a software FCOE stack and probably a switch. I don't want to spend 10 000 EURs
on a 10Gbit switch and wonder if you can recommend a vendor? I looked at
the following card from Intel:

http://ark.intel.com/products/58954/Intel-Ethernet-Converged-Network-Adapter-X540-T2

Do you have any experience with the network card and can you recommend
it? It seems to be well supported under Linux and also ESX including
software FCOE.

As I understand it FCOE only works over lossless ethernet. Lossless
ethernet has the ability to send pause and unpause frames and does not
reorder or loose packets. However in the past lossless ethernet does not
seem to be standarized and had a few problems: It only works over a
single layer 2 hop, it does not work cross-vendor (e.g. is not
standardized), link aggregation does not work because that out of order
transmissions would be possible which breaks FCOE, lossy traffic gets
paused by lossless traffic and so one. So I wonder what the current
state of lossless ethernet is? I saw FCOE in Cisco UCS blades and HP
Blades but they always use Internet Connect Bays or Top of the Rack
switches to change it in FC and than go to a FC storage. I wonder if it
is these days possible to go end-to-end. I noticed that some storage
arrays like EMC VNX, HP 3PAR, Hitachi HDS and so on support but I never
seen an environment where it was end-to-end not even over a single layer
2 HOP.

I would appreciate if you or someone else could shed some light into
the lossless ethernet topic.

Cheers,
        Thomas