Re: do discovery through SW transports too

On 19/06/2013 04:32, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
So I'm pretty sure this is due to iscsi_target_parameters.c:
iscsi_set_keys_irrelevant_for_discovery() currently clearing
INITIATORRECVDATASEGMENTLENGTH and TARGETRECVDATASEGMENTLENGTH for
all discovery scenarios..

As I'm still not yet able to force iser discovery to occur on the
initiator side, can you give the following patch a shot on your setup..?

--nab

Nic,

I see that this patch exists in the queue branch of your target-pending tree, so I tested with that branch and still faced problems. So what happens now is that the login of the discovery session works fine! But, the sending over the IB connection of the TEXT PDU containing Sendtargets=Allwhich is 16 byte long

iscsiadm: in kstart_conn
iscsiadm: in __kipc_call
iscsiadm: in kwritev
iscsiadm: in nlpayload_read
iscsiadm: in nlpayload_read
iscsiadm: sending text pdu with CmdSN 1, exp_statsn 1
iscsiadm: >    SendTargets=All
iscsiadm: in ksend_pdu_begin
iscsiadm: send PDU began for hdr 48 bytes and data 16 bytes
iscsiadm: in kwritev
iscsiadm: wrote 48 bytes of PDU header
iscsiadm: in kwritev
iscsiadm: wrote 16 bytes of PDU data
iscsiadm: in ksend_pdu_end
iscsiadm: in __kipc_call
iscsiadm: in kwritev
iscsiadm: in nlpayload_read
iscsiadm: in nlpayload_read
iscsiadm: send PDU finished for conn 28:0

fails, that is the kernel iser driver gets TX completion with error IB_WC_REM_OP_ERR

iser: iser_drain_tx_cq:tx id ffff88006facac98 status 11 vend_err 89

Is there a chance you don't post RX buffer which is large enough to hold these 48 + 16 bytes in case this is discovery and not normal session?