understanding core_scsi3_decode_spec_i_port in _pr.c

Hi Nick,

I'm trying to understand everything that is going on in this function -- it seems like the hairiest in target_core_pr.c, maybe it can be simpler? I was hoping you could help me with a with a few things?

This stuff is pretty complex. I'd be happy to consolidate an overview of all this stuff into an explanatory block comment to go with the code.

1) Why do we unlock & relock dev->se_port_lock in the loop?

2) We currently continue if the node acl can't be found for a transport id -- would it be more correct to return an error instead?

3) We currently continue if there already is a registration for a target port. Would it be more correct to return an error instead?

4) Why do other objects need to be depended in configfs against removal, but not the endpoint that received the command?

4a) Might it be possible to use configfs depends to make redundant the explicit refcounting - tpg_pr_ref_count and friends? Or, how does all this stuff play together.

Thanks -- Regards -- Andy