Re: Too big sectors - exceeding fabric_max_sectors

Hi Kelsey,

On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 17:59 +0000, Prantis, Kelsey wrote:

> On 11/20/12 12:36 PM, "Prantis, Kelsey" <kelsey.prantis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >I applied this patch to our setup, but we don't seem to have gotten any
> >messages involving "vbr bad magic". I wonder if perhaps we are seeing a
> >different oops than Nicholas had investigated? Or perhaps due to a
> >difference in versions?
> >
> >Debug output we did get here:
> >ftp://ftp.whamcloud.com/uploads/lio-debug-5.txt.bz2

> Hello folks,
>
> It's been nearly two weeks since I sent my last response here, wondering
> if everyone is sitting around assuming the ball is in someone else's
> court, or it has just fallen off the radar in general. We didn't seem to
> hit the debug code provided in our last oops - not sure if its because we
> hit a different oops than we were trying to troubleshoot or if we are
> barking up the wrong tree in our troubleshooting, but would appreciate if
> we could figure out why as our target server is still unusable.

Unfortunately, I've been busy with some external items recently and have
not been able to get back to help identifying this bug.

AFAICT it's still something specific to virtio-blk backends with at
least 1 MB requests, and is confirmed independent of target fabric
driver (eg: it's reproducible with tcm_loop as well).

As mentioned, you can still use a lower max_sectors_kb on your iSCSI
initiator as a work-around until the bug can be identified.

Thank you,

--nab