Re: T10 VPD Binary Device Identifier is not persistent?

On 12-10-10 03:12 PM, Andy Grover wrote:

> If it's a json file instead of a shell script, I assume you're using a
> -fb version of targetcli?

Ahhh.  yes, indeed.

> Then you don't need lio-utils. You can restore
> the config in /etc/target/saveconfig.json with 'targetcli restoreconfig
> clear_existing=true', which is what the distro's init scripts should be
> doing for you, if the service is enabled.

Right.  I see that now.  I didn't actually have the targetcli RPM
installed on my production systems which is why there was no
configuration being saved or restored.

Ultimately, I'm not sure if targetcli is the right tool in our
environment or not.  Still getting a feel for the lay of the land.  It
might be that some lio_node commands to create an initial configuration
followed by the prescribed tcm_dump and running the resulting script on
each boot is the best way for us to go.

Cheers,
b.