Re: OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: '/sys/kernel/config/target/qla2xxx/<WWN>

On 09/14/2012 08:20 AM, Daniel Lane wrote:
> I have another problem now though, not sure if I need to submit a new
> E-mail to the list or not (for tracking), let me know if I do.

Yeah I'd say you could start a new email thread next time, no biggie.

(Also, please don't top post.)

> The new problem: After rebuilding my initramfs and rebooting, I found
> that roughly every 30 seconds the server would completely freeze for
> about 30 seconds, but then go back to responding.  This happens from
> SSH and the local console, and no matter what I'm doing.  Strangely a
> continuous ping to the server never drops a packet or has any increase
> response time. I tried using top to see if there was something causing
> heavy CPU/Memory/IO but from what I could tell (top stops updating
> during freezes).  I checked /var/log/messages but there was nothing
> pertaining to the problem.
>
> The one big thing that concerns me is the fact that I am NOT using a
> "supported" HBA, my HBA is a QLogic QLA2362.  I was curious whether
> there was a reason why you guys say that only the 24xx+ cards are
> compatible, were there issues with the older cards or were they just
> not tested?

I haven't been involved with the development but I believe support for
pre-PCIe cards was explicitly REMOVED from the driver before it went
into the mainline kernel. I'm surprised it even partially works.

Regards -- Andy