FW: parallel SCSI target?

Hi,

I recently tried LIO and I'm quite impressed with it as iSCSI target (especially with an advanced FS underneath).

However I wonder if there is any support planned for a parallel SCSI target via an Adaptec or LSILogic SCSI adapter? If there's any development in this area, even an extensive Google search didn't turn up anything related to it.

The reason I'm interested in parallel SCSI emulation is because I have a lot of old machines that only support SCSI disks, and for which it is getting increasingly hard to find physical hard disks. And it will get even harder in the future. So I've been thinking of creating a small SAN-like storage for parallel scsi with Linux+LIO+some SCSI HBA. It would also make testing and backup easier if you can do simple snapshots on the FS beneath the (emulated) SCSI disks. I do have lots of hardware (initiators AND targets/HBAs) to beta-test any parallel-scsi implementation if there's any need, however, my Linux kernel development skills are severely lacking so I can't code anything up myself :(

I know the SCST target had an alpha-level parallel SCSI implementation, maybe that can be ported to LIO?

Any input is highly appreciated

Thanks,
-Michael

P.S.: Please CC me directly since I'm not subscribed to the list