Re: targetcli: save settings more aggressively?

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Dax Kelson <dkelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Andy Grover <agrover@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Dax and all,
> >
> > Right now, if you reboot, you revert to last saved settings. If you
> > didn't do "saveconfig" then everything goes away.
> >
> > What do you think about saving the settings every time the targetcli
> > serviceunit is stopped, i.e. on shutdown?
>
> I don't think that is a good idea. It violates the principal of least
> surprise [1].

I agree. This is why I implemented the way it is.
If there is enough expressed need for this, than at the very least it
should be an option.
The idea initially was also to be able to test a new config, and just
have to reboot to revert to the known good one in case the new one
breaks too many things and the admin gets cornered.

--
Jérôme Martin