RE: VMware ESXi 5 and LIO target: "WRITE_SAME w/o UNMAP bit not supported for Block Discard Emulation"

Hallo Nicolas,

i have recompiled a new kernel with the code patch you proposed.
Unfortunately this doesn't do the job, the result is as before.

(based on http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/nab/lio-core-2.6.git, version 3.1-rc10 )

To be able to give you some more information, I cut a lan trace (tcpdump -w) containing the iSCSI session between the ESXi system and the iSCSI target.
Maybe it gives you some more information on what is happening.

The lan trace can be found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48381679/LIO%20Lan%20Trace%20write%20same%20issue%20with%20ESXi%205.0.cap

The initial iSCSI connection is setup starting with packet 286
The copy command kicks-in at packet 42034
The first write same access to the LUN starts at packet 42954

Please let me know how I can support to get this topic solved.
Many thanks in advance for your support,
Sven