[no subject]

My initial question targets a different problem: The version number is
finalized (set in stone) on release date. Ubuntu was released on time
except for one case. In such case where we need more time and delay the
release, we won't have time to start an archive wide rebuild of all
package just to correct osVersion in the ELF objects. On the other hand
the version codename is set in stone when the archive for that release
is opened. That's why it was suggested to use the version codename
instead of the version ID.

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer