From: Itxaka Serrano Garcia <itxaka.garcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 2024
612 15:38
To: Mark Zhang (NSB) <mark.zhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: systemd-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [External] Re: [systemd-devel] How to set the timeout of emergency mode

CAUTION: This is an external email. Please be very careful when clicking links or opening attachments. See http://nok.it/nsb for additional information.

In that case, why not use the timeout stuff from the services?

You could probably override the service to set a timeout for its running with

[Unit]
JobRunningTimeoutSec=300

JobTimeoutAction=reboot-force

So after starting you get up to 5 minutes of it running and then it should reboot. Probably the JobTimeoutAction is not needed as I'm sure it will reboot if the emergency.service fails, but better safe than sorry :)

That gives you the best of both worlds. You get some time to debug and if not it will auto reboot after a bit and maybe fix itself :D