How to set the timeout of emergency mode

Hello Experts,

Consult one question about how to set the timeout of emergency mode?

Scenario:

We have encountered one problem of Openstack host, and the host was up at the end, and all things are good from host level after that.

But the VM stuck in the emergency mode forever. If we input ctrl+D, the VM could reboot normally again.

So we would like to consult, if any method could avoid to stuck in the emergency mode forever? Be better, there is some timeout setting for emergency mode. Then the VM could auto-recover by itself for such scenario.

Thanks,

Mark