Re: confusion with systemd-repart

Hi,
thank you for the help, I really appreciate it. I'm sorry for the very
late reply, I had an issue with my mail server and only sorted it out
today.

I had to jump through a couple of problems, but I've mostly got
something stable now.

The first is that all of the partitions needed for my bootloaders were
all of type linux-generic. I ended up creating my own UUIDs so that
repart doesn't try to match against them.

The second one which I'm still no closer to figuring out is that upon
running once successfully, subsequent invocations of repart (i.e: on
next boot), appears to be racy in some way with my setup, and I see no
way of figuring out why.

If I raise the debug level, the issue disappears. If I don't raise the
log level, I get no console prompt or anything. My system just hangs in
the midle of booting up. Very difficult to debug, for sure. I'm so much
out of ideas right now that I ended up setting a condition where repart
isn't invoked at all if the overlayfs partition already exists. But I'd
sure like to figure that one out.