Re: Question about propagation of INVOCATION_ID and JOURNAL_STREAM env variables in Desktop Environments

>From my terminal emulator that I start by clicking in the menu:
echo "kitty: $(pidof kitty) - $INVOCATION_ID" && echo "plasmashell:
$(pidof plasmashell) - $(sudo strings /proc/$(pidof
plasmashell)/environ | grep INVOCATION_ID)"
kitty: 4441 - e3ec804609094a139948a1887c90ac7a
plasmashell: 857 - INVOCATION_ID=e3ec804609094a139948a1887c90ac7a

But indeed, looking at systemd-cgls, it is in its own scope:
-.slice
├─user.slice
│ └─user-1000.slice
│   ├─user@1000.service …
│   │ ├─session.slice
│   │ │ ├─plasma-plasmashell.service
│   │ │ │ └─857 /usr/bin/plasmashell --no-respawn
│   │ ├─app.slice
│   │ │ ├─app-kitty-96877b039d10481298f59807a062a5c5.scope
│   │ │ │ ├─4441 /usr/bin/kitty
│   │ │ │ ├─4450 /bin/zsh
│   │ │ │ ├─9810 systemd-cgls
│   │ │ ├─app-steam-68615b37d4554dc8bcdce0bb903517bb.scope
│   │ │ │ ├─2777 bash /home/ctxnop/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh
│   │ │ └─app-chromium-185faea96ff5421b8ecfb0753298c32b.scope
│   │ │   ├─2266 /usr/lib/chromium/chromium
│   │ │   ├─2269 /usr/lib/chromium/chrome_crashpad_handler --monitor-self

Did not know about this, thank you. But it feels even more weird now:
for P in 857 4441 4450 2777 2269; do echo -n "$P: " && tr '\0' '\n' <
/proc/$P/environ | grep INV; done
857: INVOCATION_ID=e3ec804609094a139948a1887c90ac7a
4441: INVOCATION_ID=e3ec804609094a139948a1887c90ac7a
4450: INVOCATION_ID=e3ec804609094a139948a1887c90ac7a
2777: INVOCATION_ID=e3ec804609094a139948a1887c90ac7a
2269: INVOCATION_ID=e3ec804609094a139948a1887c90ac7a