Question about propagation of INVOCATION_ID and JOURNAL_STREAM env variables in Desktop Environments

Hello folks,
I have a question about what you guys considers to be the right/expect way.

I read documentation a bit about INVOCATION_ID and JOURNAL_STREAM and, to me, it feels like those two variables should not be propagated from DE.
I mean, if I start KDE Plasma, for example, using systemd, it will receive an $INVOCATION_ID. Now I start any application by clicking around, it will inherit and get the very same $INVOCATION_ID. If the application happen to be konsole or kitty (terminal emulator), it still inherit the variables, so that any command run inside this terminal emulator also inherit from it. Feels really weird to me, no?

I checked a bit what gnome is doing and it confused me even more: all applications inherit the variables but the 'gnome-terminal' filters out few variables (including those two) so that commands don't have it: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-terminal/-/blob/master/src/terminal-client-utils.cc#L227

What is your take on this? At which level the filter should occurs if it should even occurs at all?