Re: Questions about initrd environment services and IgnoreOnIsolate

On 12.05.2024 18:19, Carolina Jubran wrote:
Hello!

I need help with a systemd service that loads RDMA and InfiniBand drivers. The service unit specifies DefaultDependencies=no. However, when the service starts in initrd, it gets terminated when initrd-cleanup.service isolates for initrd-switch-root.target in the middle of the initialization.

Then make your service

Before=initrd-switch-root.target

assuming it is added to the default transaction. You need to make sure your service is not considered started until drives are loaded.

My first question is, what are the correct dependencies required to run this service in the initrd environment? I tried adding IgnoreOnIsolate=true under the Unit section, and it helped, but I'm unsure if that is the correct solution.

My second question is, how does IgnoreOnIsolate=true affect the system in initrd? Will this solve the problem, or could it potentially introduce unforeseen issues?

Thank you,
Carolina Jubran